By popular request!
ENROLMENTS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE BRISTOL CERTIFICATE IN PAEDIATRICS – THEORY WITH CLINICAL / PRACTICAL SESSIONS! SIGN UP BY END MAY FOR DISCOUNT, ENROLMENTS CLOSE 30 JUNE. Then come to the Induction Day Sat 9 July, Wells Road Clinic, Bristol Osteopaths, 10-2pm. Get started on your learning over the summer!
Scroll right down for some free cpd – video all about my approach to paeds and what you can expect in the Certificate Programme.
ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE CLASSES CLINICAL OBSERVATION AND PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITIES IN BRISTOL – MANY THANKS TO CLAIRE DOBSON AND THE TEAM AT BRISTOL OSTEOPATHS / WELLS ROAD
Hybrid programme – 9 modules per year (equivalent to 9 full weekends of lectures each module), 6 clinical observations / practical days per year, lots of extra online resources and additional lectures, regular zoom meeting and group forum chat support. In person events and clinics are hosted in Bristol.
Scientific rationale Underlying evidence
Critical appraisal of osteopathic approach
Troubleshooting clinical cases
Risk assessment complex cases adjuncts / exercises / self care time for hands on support, for clinical observations
Ongoing monthly zoom meeting support and group chats / forums for communication and interaction.
Certificate – CLINICAL VERSION OR ONLINE-ONLY OPTION IF REQUIRED.
This is a wide ranging and highly detailed programme covering a range of the most common paediatric conditions presenting to osteopaths and comparable manual therapists, as well as covering pathology, risk factors, communication, red flags, developmental dynamics and much more.
The developmental, learning and growth challenges for children can be considerable and whilst many infants, toddlers and older children sail wonderfully through their early years, for many, it can be a distressing, awkward or traumatising period. No one wishes to see children suffer unnecessarily, and many issues arise through poor coordination, weaker muscles, poor posture, illness and injury. A gentle hands on approach can be key to helping children navigate childhood with the fewest negative effects possible!
This is very extensive, evidence backed programme, which aims to take you from where you are to a deeper level. Helping to rationalise your clinical approaches, to explore the neuroscience, physiology, anatomical dynamics and function of paediatrics, development, growth and social engagement are key components of this course. You don’t need to know any ‘cranial’ / involuntary mechanism work to engage with paediatrics – although if you do there is still plenty in this course which will inform your personal technique style. But, the course is designed to develop clinical protocols from first principles – and then to determine how children can be helped. All elements of common presentations across paediatrics from infants to adolescents, and this programme covers core elements of this things you will need to explore this field of care in more depth and with greater clarity.
CHECK OUT THIS BROCHURE!
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, NEUROENDOCRINE, HPA, IMMMUNE AND SOMATOVISCERAL INTEGRATION
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- INTRA-UTERINE ISSUES
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING, ORAL FUNCTION, DIGESTION AND BREATHING, unsettledness and general health
- DEVELOPMENT OF POSTURE, MOVEMENT, COORDINATION AND BALANCE, REFLEXES
- CHANGING ANATOMY OF THE HEAD, BODY AND TORSO, STOMATOGNATHIC INTEGRATION
- CHANGING SHAPE AND TORSION IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS AND INTRAOSSEOUS STRAIN
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
KEY SKILLS AND PRACTICE APPROACHES COVERED:
- CLINICAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG feeding and latch dynamics, plagio and movement disorders, unsettledness, coordination, EENT function, bladder and bowel dynamics, orthopaedic, neurodiversity and body image dynamics. NB, these are all introduced at Certificate level, but are now reviewed much more critically.
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS – WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES, imaging, diagnostic criteria, screening
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS
THIS PICTOGRAM REPRESENTS THE CONTENT OF THE CERTIFICATE
Discount price of £1250 till 31 May 2022, for the Full Certificate, including clinics and practicals. Then, £1500 to end of June, when enrolment ends.
Online-only option £900 (no discount)
Paediatric Certificate Early bird price Ends 31st May 2022 Programme material available from 1 August, £1250
£1500 for enrolments after that to end of June 2022.
ONLINE-ONLY PRICE £900 – NO DISCOUNT FOR THIS OPTION, SORRY! PLEASE BOOK VIA WWW.CNMO.CO.UK
DATES FOR PRACTICAL EVENTS / CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS – ALL ARE FRIDAYS (you will need to attend 6)
SESSION ONE: 9 SEPT 2022
SESSION TWO: 7 OCT 2022
SESSION THREE: 18 NOV 2022
SESSION FOUR: 6 JAN 2023
SESSION FIVE: 24 FEB 2023
SESSION SIX: 10 MAR 2023
SESSION SEVEN: 17 MARCH 2023
SESSION EIGHT: 12 MAY 2023
SESSION NINE: 16 JUNE 2023
THE WEEK INTENSIVE BLOCK IS NOT YET CONFIRMED – WE NEED TO KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU REQUIRE THIS, SO WE CAN CONFIRM IT CAN BE ARRANGED, AND WHEN – PLEASE MESSAGE US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT THIS OPTION.
Check out this free CPD video discussing the type of content available in this programme!