Fully in person (you need to attend lectures / practicals in Lancashire, and clinics are in London). You can choose from various block dates – starting in January 2024.
2 lots of 5-day intensive blocks in person lectures with lots of practicals, per year. Access to extensive online revision material, one zoom tutorial a month for ongoing support over you enrolment duration – you can exit after 2 blocks (LANCASHIRE), which covers year one of the diploma (same format for year two of the Diploma. 6 separate clinical days / practical days(LONDON) for year one must be added to gain the Certificate, and after 2 further blocks (LANCASHIRE), and 6 further clinical / practical days (LONDON), you can exit after year two with the Diploma. For 2023-2024 London clinic only options are available for this, The 6 days must be done in a designated block at one of the teaching clinics.
If you want to put all your energies into fast tracking your women’s health career, then do all 4 blocks in Lancashire in one year, and add in the clinics and assessments as you go. The clinics are still in London, and this option is not available for those on the hybrid / online versions.
If you want CPD only i.e. to exclude the clinics, see the 4th option below. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS OF THE IN-PERSON DIPLOMA VERSION
Hybrid – at home learning with pre-recorded lectures and resources, zoom tutorial support, (then you can add clinical and practical attendance in Bristol / London). Starts January 2024
Spread over 2 years via online learning platform (moodle), with live zoom monthly tutorials and 6 in person clinical / practical days at various venues per year (you can exit at the end of year one with a Certificate in Women’s Health (WHC) and get a Diploma in Women’s Health at the end of year two (WHD). The 6 days in person must be done in one block – Bristol and London options available. You get hands on involvement with patients. All clinics and practicals overseen by Caroline. Huge online resource library and video bank. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Fully online – Sept 2023 or January 2024 intake available
You can choose to start with the online only diploma version, and add clinics later, when you know travel / life plans allow! Enrolments now open. ITS THE SAME CONTENT AS THE HYBRID OR IN-PERSON DIPLOMA VERSION.. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
CPD ONLY – LOTS OF IN PERSON LECTURES AND PRACTICALS, NO CLINICS OR ASSESSMENTS. Options start from October, and continue through to July. Various date options per block are available.
These are done via 2 lots of 5-day blocks per year, in Lancashire. Fully in-person, no need to do extra learning at home – just come in person and get all the material in person, with lots of practical hands on guidance. No clinics / patients included. All lectures and practicals delivered by Caroline. You get online resources for onward learning also. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
All courses include:
1) huge amounts of hands-on and techniques
incredible clinical insights and information / guidance across the lifespan
2) no experience required.
3) male practitioners welcome!
4) lots of anatomy and physiology
5) yes, the programme is intense, but it is so worth it!
6) you can exit at the end of year one, and / or take a gap before completing in the next cycle if you like.
7) MASSES OF EVIDENCE
£2500 per year, early-bird discount of £2000 available till 1st November, 2023, for January 2024 intake. Options to do fully in person course with lectures and practicals in Lancashire, without clinics or assessments, as a CPD stand alone are £1500. Adding clinics – 6 days – and assessments is £1000.
START DATES FOR HYBRID: YEAR ONE – SEPTEMBER 2023, THEN SEPTEMBER 2024.
START DATES FOR IN PERSON 5-DAY BLOCKS – FOR ASSESED AWARDS / CERTIFICATE / DI[LOMA – THE TWO YEAR ONE BLOCKS ARE AVAILABLE IN 2024, AS ARE THE 2 YEAR TWO BLOCKS. ASSOCIATED CLINICAL OPTIONS – ARE IN MARCH OR JUNE 2024.
START DATES FOR INPERSON CPD ONLY 5-DAY BLOCKS – THE 2 YEAR ONE, AND THE 2 YEAR TWO BLOCKS ARE BOTH AVAILABLE BETWEEN FEB AND JULY 2024.
The cycle repeats each year for the 5 day blocks option, and for the hybrid option – this only starts bi-annually. The next year one hybrid starts in JANUARY 2024.
WATCH FREE CPD VIDEO ON WH OSTEOPATHY AT BOTTOM OF PAGE!
YEAR ONE / CERTIFICATE SUMMARY:
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, VISCERAL PAIN
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN WOMENS HEALTH
- UROGYNAECOLOGY AND PELVIC FLOOR
- DEVELOPMENT, HORMONES, BODY IMAGE, GROWTH
- ENDOCRINE DYNAMICS, FERTILITY AND OBSTETRICS
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING
- POST PARTUM RECOVERY
- LIFESPAN ISSUES
- CHANGING UROGENTIAL AND MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- PRACTICAL INTENSIVES AND CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS DAYS.
YEAR TWO / DIPLOMA SUMMARY:
- CLINCAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- COMPLEX CLINICAL PRESENTATIONS REVIEWED. STRONG FOCUS ON EVIDENCE AND RATIONAL APPORACHES TO PRACTICE.
- INTERNALS AND SENSITIVE AREAS WORK, CONSENTING, RISK MANAGEMENT AND ASSOCIATED ETHICAL AND CLINICAL CONSIDERATIONS.
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG fertility, endo, prolapse, diastasis, complex pregnancy, post partum, bladder disorders / cystitis, post surgical issues, cancer considerations, pelvic pain, breast care
- Working with the traumatised patients, and those with complex needs.
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS = WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT – understanding how to monitor your clinic and when / to who to refer.
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES AND CLINICAL OBSERVATION DAYS.
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
|WOMENS HEALTH QUALIFICATIONS|
|Supplementary Module||Introduction to osteopathic and somatophysiological principles Learning how to learn – revision of concepts||Introduction to roles and boundaries in clinical practice Care plans, management, clinical audit, and outcomes measures Constructing an evidence-informed approach|
|MODULE ONE||Development of the body cavities and genitals Anatomical changes from children to adults Neuro-endocrine-immune system||Bladder and bowel function in girls Gender and identity issues Complex dynamics in puberty Hormonal balance across the lifespan|
|MODULE TWO||Development of immunity The role of the microbiome Function, physiology and somatovisceral integration The basics of visceral pain and visceral reflexes||Adolescent mental health Interoception, body image and sense of self Complexities of endocrine imbalance and dysbiosis on visceral pain Complex visceral pain and dysautonomia|
|MODULE THREE||Being female Gender bias in research Social dynamics, relational safety Basics of fertility, conception and gynaecological function||Trauma dynamics Fear, freeze, visceral pain Effects on physiology, function and fertility, subfertility and assisted conception Complex gynae, endometriosis, adhesions|
|EXAM / ASSESSMENT ONE|
|MODULE FOUR||Pregnancy and general obstetric dynamics Optimal foetal positioning||Considering pregnancy complications, accompanying disorders, complex pain and biomechanical considerations,|
|MODULE FIVE||Biomechanics in pregnancy Orthopaedic and tissue changes and strains Third trimester||Foetal position, high risk pregnancies, complex therapeutic alliance and interprofessional considerations pelvic instability and diastasis rehab|
|MODULE SIX||Preparation for labour and delivery Birth trauma||Complex birth trauma and injury Pregnancy loss Premature delivery|
|EXAM / ASSESSMENT TWO|
|MODULE SEVEN||Maternal mental health The fourth trimester Breastfeeding and initial recovery Body cavity and postural recovery||Postpartum depression Complex maternal infant considerations Breast care, mastitis, physiology of challenging maternal recovery Complex body image and structural instability problems|
|MODULE EIGHT||Ongoing urogenital health and pelvic support Menopause Breast care,||Complex urogenital dysfunctions Post surgical and other operative dynamics Menopause dynamics, post breast cancer care and reconstruction dynamics.|
|MODULE NINE||Gerontology and Global recap of course||Cancer and complex pathology across the lifespan The role of osteopaths and allied healthcare manual therapy professionals in Women’s Health|
|EXAM / ASSESSMENT THREE|