COURSE FEES ON SALE! Paeds Certificate in 2023-2024 – Course in England is now full.
Course in Ireland, with an October start, is available: £2250 SALE PRICE till 15 September, then £2500 (full price).
See below for an introduction / orientation video, plus a free one hour CPD webinar on breastfeeding / infant feeding, as indicative content! Scroll right to the bottom.
With the paeds programme you get:
- fantastic and extensive library of video resources
- loads of evidence based clinical insights and osteopathic approaches
- lots of techniques and direct hands on guidance
- attendance at the Bristol teaching clinic – see patient interactions, learn assessments approaches, observe / participate in treatments
- lots of technique insights, all common presentations covered
- red-flags, consenting, communication and general clinical guidance and referral considerations included
- not dedicated to ‘cranial / IVM’ – uses general, gentle osteopathy – suitable for all practitioners, regardless of experience.
- you can do this course and then be able to being your paediatric practice in your own clinic. No prior experience required.
- THIS COURSE IS VERY EXTENSIVE, TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT, BUT IS TOTALLY WORK THE INVESTMENT OF TIME, ENERGY AND FOCUS – this is equivalent to 2 years packed into one!
- you retain long term access to the learning resources
Full course fee is £2500, START DATE SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER 2023 – END DATE JULY 2024. Currently on sale. Use button above to pay, and then email is on admin@ cnmo. co.uk
THE ONLINE ONLY (NO PRACTICALS) IS £900 – enrolment possible up till 1 September (to enable you to join the same tutorial evening sessions via zoom, as the rest of the group).
Use the button above or the bank details to make a transfer – info in the forms and fees page / section, and then email us on admin@ cnmo.co .uk with the completed relevant forms (on the forms and fees page). Please contact us if you want to pay by card.
PROGRAMME AVAILABLE FROM ENROLMENT / PURCHASE, CLINIC SESSIONS AND SEMESTERS / ZOOM MEETINGS START FROM SEPTEMBER. CLINICAL AND PRACTICAL AND TUTORIAL DATES ARE BELOW. Download bank details for bacs payments (Barclays Bank)
Tutorials – all students / geographical cohorts
Wed 6 sept 6pm.; 1 nov; 6 dec; 31 jan 2024; 21 feb; 27 march; 1 may; 5 june; 3 july
Bristol clinic block
18 to 23 march 2024 – PLEASE NOTE THIE BLOCK IS CURRENTLY FULL, AND ONLY PLACES ON THE 3 WEEKENDS ARE AVAILABLE. You need to attend all 3.
BRISTOL Weekends one, to and three:
17,18 Feb 2024
16, 17 March
Venue – practical / clinical block: The Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork.
The 3 weekends – Bristol Osteopaths, Well’s Road Clinic.
IRELAND PROGRAMME PRACTICAL / CLINICAL DATES:
(Currently there is no block clinical date – you need to attend the 3 weekends below).
16-17 December 2023
4 and 5 May 2024
31 August, 1 September 2024.
Venue: Sean Kelly and Associates, Wexford.
Ballytramon, Castlebridge, Co. Wexford, Y35 X785, Ireland
Certificate – all modes of delivery cover the same material:
This is a wide ranging and highly detailed programme covering a range of the most common paediatric conditions presenting to osteopaths and comparable manual therapists, as well as covering pathology, risk factors, communication, red flags, developmental dynamics and much more.
The developmental, learning and growth challenges for children can be considerable and whilst many infants, toddlers and older children sail wonderfully through their early years, for many, it can be a distressing, awkward or traumatising period. No one wishes to see children suffer unnecessarily, and many issues arise through poor coordination, weaker muscles, poor posture, illness and injury. A gentle hands on approach can be key to helping children navigate childhood with the fewest negative effects possible!
This is very extensive, evidence backed programme, which aims to take you from where you are to a deeper level. Helping to rationalise your clinical approaches, to explore the neuroscience, physiology, anatomical dynamics and function of paediatrics, development, growth and social engagement are key components of this course. You don’t need to know any ‘cranial’ / involuntary mechanism work to engage with paediatrics – although if you do there is still plenty in this course which will inform your personal technique style. But, the course is designed to develop clinical protocols from first principles – and then to determine how children can be helped. All elements of common presentations across paediatrics from infants to adolescents, and this programme covers core elements of this things you will need to explore this field of care in more depth and with greater clarity. EXP[LANATORY VIDEO:
CHECK OUT THIS BROCHURE! (COMING SHORTLY)
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, NEUROENDOCRINE, HPA, IMMMUNE AND SOMATOVISCERAL INTEGRATION
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- INTRA-UTERINE ISSUES
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING, ORAL FUNCTION, DIGESTION AND BREATHING, unsettledness and general health
- DEVELOPMENT OF POSTURE, MOVEMENT, COORDINATION AND BALANCE, REFLEXES
- CHANGING ANATOMY OF THE HEAD, BODY AND TORSO, STOMATOGNATHIC INTEGRATION
- CHANGING SHAPE AND TORSION IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS AND INTRAOSSEOUS STRAIN
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
KEY SKILLS AND PRACTICE APPROACHES COVERED:
- CLINICAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG feeding and latch dynamics, plagio and movement disorders, unsettledness, coordination, EENT function, bladder and bowel dynamics, orthopaedic, neurodiversity and body image dynamics. NB, these are all introduced at Certificate level, but are now reviewed much more critically.
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS – WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES, imaging, diagnostic criteria, screening
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS