Paediatrics Certificate – attend in person, in BLOCKS in Lancashire, no online required for core material, in Lancashire, clinics in Bristol / Ireland
Course with clinics in Bristol is full.
Course in Ireland, with an October start, is available:
£2250 SALE PRICE till 15 September, then £2500 (full price).
See below for a free one hour CPD webinar on breastfeeding / infant feeding, as indicative content! Scroll right to the bottom.
THIS IS THE SAME PROGRAMME AS THE HYBRID / ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING, PLUS PRACTICAL CLINICAL BLOCK VERSION – THE SAME CERTIFICATE OF PAEDIATRC OSTEOPATHY IS AWARDED. (NB People are able to purchase the blocks only, as a continuing professional development option, but only people on the Certificate / Diploma pathways can access the clinical blocks).
BLOCK ATTENDANCE ADVANTAGES: This is to allow you to attend lectures in person, without having to follow them as pre-recorded videos on line. You will anyway get the full online library of pre-recorded lectures and resources as the hybrid course, which gives you many more hours of additional lectures, resources and learning, but the core programme IN Lancashire is to enable you to do the core course content in 2 5-day blocks, in person, with all the practicals together. You are then able to do one clinical weekend in Bristol.
Many people prefer the direct lecture format, so this option is to help those who do not cope well with large amounts of online learning and watching videos.
There is a small amount of supplementary reading, and assessment work which is done online, and you are able the live zoom meetings / tutorials, which are once a month, for additional support. Please note, the zoom meetings are through the year, and will help you will your assignments, and to pull everything together.
REALLY EXPAND YOUR AWARENESS, OSTEOPATHIC UNDERSTANDING, TECHNICAL SKILLS SET AND CLINICAL UNDERSTANDING! SMALL GROUPS, GREAT PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING, JOIN THE WHOMBS TEAM – women’s health, obstetrics, mother and baby support network and clinical special interest group!
- 10 DAYS OF INTENSIVE PAEDS LECTURES IN PERSON – Nelson, Lancashire with 100 HOURS PLUS OF EXTRA ONLINE RESOURCES / LEARNING LIBRARY. (2 blocks of 5 days)
- zoom tutorials, forums / chats, assessments and
- 6 days of clinics and extra practicals (currently we have a choice, of Bristol and Ireland).
Accommodation now included (limited spaces)!
The College now has a larger dedicated lecture space, and also a small student house, which can host a number of students in bunk style / sofa bed style accommodation (first come first served). If full, you will need to find and fund your own accommodation. Please contact Caroline to check. Compact and bijou this is a small mill cottage within Nelson, which is a working class ex-spinning and weaving town. This is 10 minutes walk from the lecture room and you walk past a swimming pool and spa, there are various supermarkets within 2-3 minutes of the house or the lecture room. Nearby is amazing Pendle Hill- all the Lancashire country around Pendle is fantastic, great for walking, lots of history (think Pendle Witch Trials) and there are nearly Colne and the upmarket Barrowford Village with lots of eateries and bars. The Leeds and Liverpool canal goes through the bottom of Nelson, as does Pendle Water (river), and so lots of leisurely spaces to visit. Other accommodation can be found via the usual booking sites as Pendle is a tourist area. (NB this is for the lectures in Nelson only and for the clinics in London you will have to find and find your own accommodation!).
Nelson block dates:
Block one: Option one: Monday 25th to Friday 29th September, 2023, 9-5 each day. Option two: 25th February to 1 March, 2024.
Block two: Option one: 4th to 8th December, 2023. Option two: 11th to 15th March, 2024.
Tutorials – all students / geographical cohorts
Wed 6 sept 6pm.; 1 nov; 6 dec; 31 jan 2024; 21 feb; 27 march; 1 may; 5 june; 3 july
Bristol clinic block
18 to 23 march 2024 – PLEASE NOTE THE BLOCK AND THE WEEKENDS ARE FULL, AND ONLY PLACES ON THE WEEKENDS IN IRELAND ARE AVAILABLE.
BRISTOL Weekends one, to and three:
17,18 Feb 2024
16, 17 March
Venue – practical / clinical block: The Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork.
The 3 weekends – Bristol Osteopaths, Well’s Road Clinic.
IRELAND PROGRAMME PRACTICAL / CLINICAL DATES:
(Currently there is no block clinical date – you need to attend the 3 weekends below).
16-17 December 2023
4 and 5 May 2024
31 August, 1 September 2024.
Venue: Sean Kelly and Associates, Wexford.
Ballytramon, Castlebridge, Co. Wexford, Y35 X785, Ireland
Block one: 5 days, in person, live in-person, with lots of hands on. FROM INFANCY THROUGH THE FIRST YEAR OF LIFE:
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, NEUROENDOCRINE, HPA, IMMMUNE AND SOMATOVISCERAL INTEGRATION
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- INTRA-UTERINE ISSUES
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING, ORAL FUNCTION, DIGESTION AND BREATHING, unsettledness and general health
- DEVELOPMENT OF POSTURE, MOVEMENT, COORDINATION AND BALANCE, REFLEXES
- CHANGING ANATOMY OF THE HEAD, BODY AND TORSO, STOMATOGNATHIC INTEGRATION
- CHANGING SHAPE AND TORSION IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS AND INTRAOSSEOUS STRAIN
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
KEY SKILLS AND PRACTICE APPROACHES COVERED:
- CLINICAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG feeding and latch dynamics, plagio and movement disorders, unsettledness, coordination, EENT function, bladder and bowel dynamics, orthopaedic, neurodiversity and body image dynamics. NB, these are all introduced at Certificate level, but are now reviewed much more critically.
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS – WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES, imaging, diagnostic criteria, screening
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS
The content above is delivered within the block themes, supplemented by the clinical and practical days, backed up by online revision:
Block one: 5 days in person, lots of hands on, from intra-uterine, through birth, to the early days:
A – arousal, autonomics, arrival
B – birth, bonding, breastfeeding, beginners guide to reflexes
C – co-regulation, compression, changes in shape, communication
D – deformation, dynamic movement, development – neurotypical,
E – emotions, emergent sensory-motor, environment (intrauterine to independent being), endocrine immune, enteric-microbiome, embodiment, evidence
Block two: 5 days, in person, live in-person, with lots of hands on. FROM PRESCHOOL TO ADOLESCENCE:
F – function, visceral, vascular, somatic and socioemotional, freedom of expression and communication, fluids
G – growth – milestone, fine and gross motor, biomechanical, emotional and social
H – homeostasis and allostasis, help with pain and self-regulation, hormones, hemispheres and health
I – interoception, immune dynamics, integration of primitive reflexes, neurotypical and neurodiverse dynamics
J – joy of living, freedom of expression and sense of self, justification of clinical objectives. JUST 3D OSTEOPATHY!