Women’s Health – Certificate or Diploma 2 OPTIONS – ONLINE AND IN-PERSON
1) FOR THOSE THAT CAN’T COME TO UK REGULARLY – THERE ARE ONLINE ONLY Options (see further down page) – a Certificate in General Women’s Heath and if you complete that yo can do a second programme – a further year, called the Clinical Integration in Women’s Health Award.
AND 2) FOR THOSE THAT CAN COME ON VARIOUS SUNDAYS THROUGH THE YEAR, – A PRACTICAL HYBRID VERSION – DISTANCE LEARNING AND CLINICAL AND PRACTICAL DAYS IN BRISTOL – A 2 YEAR PROGRAMME,
and AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN SENSITIVE AREAS, INTERNALS AND COMPLEX PELVIC PAIN, FOR THOSE WITH PRIOR EXPERIENCE who wish to develop advanced skills in this area of work (requires on attendance of 3 practicals days (in one block)- in July 2022, Lancashire). NB The Bristol Diploma includes instruction in these aspects, in year two, but if you want to move to a more advanced level of practice in this specialised field, the Certification in internals and complex pelvic pain may be an option.
GET TO UNDERSTAND CAROLINE’S APPROACH – scroll RIGHT DOWN for free 2 hour CPD video / intro.
There are a variety of brochures to help explain all the current options:
FOR THOSE THAT CAN COME TO UK IN PERSON:
A) THE BRISTOL WOMEN’S HEALTH DIPLOMA
– A 2 YEAR HYBRID – DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAMME WITH 6 IN-PERSON CLINICAL OBSERVATION DAYS AND ALSO 6 IN-PERSON PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE DAYS.
Lectures are equivalent to 18 full weekends, done as distance learning at home with some meeting and forum chat support). The lecture material is done online in your own time, with chat forum support and monthly group zoom meeting tutorial support. You only need to attend 6 single in-person sessions a year.
This programme is being done over 2 years and the in person components are being hosted in Bristol (on Sundays). For full details, please see the Bristol Women’s Health Diploma Page – enrolment / payment options are there.
B) CERTIFICATE IN COMPLEX AND CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN INCLUDING INTERNAL AND SENSITIVE AREAS WORK – see brochure above and CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS. (suitable for those with experience that don’t want to have additional training in eg Obstetrics).
This course requires that you have some experience in women’s health, and are looking specifically for sensitive areas work and internals training. NB for those doing the Bristol Women’s Health Diploma course over 2 years, you will get some of this content included, especially in year 2. THE BRISTOL COURSE IS ENROLLING NOW – HURRY, STARTS IN MAY, AND DISCOUNT RUNS OUT ON 14 MARCH, 2022. NEXT INTAKE FOR BRISTOL COURSE IS THEN FEB 2023, STARTING MAY 2022. THE ADVANCED CERTIFICATION FOR INTERNALS IS NOW ENROLLING, THE COURSE HAS STARTED BUT YOU CAN STILL JUMP ON AND CATCH UP. THE PRACTICALS ARE IN JULY IN BRISTOL. SEE THE BROCHURE AND WATCH THE VIDEO ON THE CERTIFICATION PAGE.
FOR THOSE THAT CAN’T COME TO THE UK REGULARLY:
- NO EXPERIENCE? JOIN THE ONLINE BRISTOL WOMEN’S HEALTH PROGRAMME (THE INTERNALAL BROCHURE) AND COME FOR A ONE WEEK INTENSIVE PER YEAR, IN MARCH. – IF YOU CAN’T ATTEND UK REGULARLY.
- ALREADY EXPERIENCED, DONE THE MOLINARI WH DIPLOMA, OR OTHER POST GRADUATE TRAINING, BUT WANT TO CONTINUE / EXPAND YOUR JOURNEY? –
- TAKE THE CNMO ONLINE BRISTOL WOMEN’S HEALTH COURSE (INTERNATIONAL) AND DO THE INTENSIVE PRACTICAL WEEKS, ONE PER YEAR, EACH MARCH.
ENROLMENTS FOR THIS ARE STILL OPEN. CHECK OUT THE BROCHURES
CORE PROGRAMME OPTIONS, OFFERING A GLOBAL OVERVIEW EITHER AT INTRODUCTORY, OR ADVANCED CLINICAL LEVELS:
1) GENERAL ONLINE CERTIFICATE IN WOMEN’S HEALTH WITH NO PRACTICALS IS AVAILABLE, BUT NOT ENROLLING THIS YEAR.
2) CERTIFICATE IN MENOPAUSE, POST PARTUM AND THIRD AGE CARE – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS – OPTION COMING SOON.
Suitable for those who wish to explore post partum issues for older women, pelvic pain and post surgical issues, pelvic organ prolapse, breast care and cancer rehab issues, menopausal issues and third age dynamics for female patients). This is a general overview for these types of patients, and does not include internal work, but does include pelvic floor and breast care approaches.
Women and girls go through a variety of changes in their bodies, functions and abilities as they age. Each stage of their lives, from being a small girl, through puberty, onto childbearing and raising children, through to menopause and beyond, there are unique challenges and often problems (as well as life’s joys!). The tissues of the body – muscles, joints, fascia and joints can all become strained either through hormone changes, growth, becoming pregnant, giving birth, or going through postural and muscle weakness problems over time, and through to old age.
FOR THE CNMO PATHWAYS, STARTING AT CERTIFICATE LEVEL / CURRICULUM OVERVIEW:
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, VISCERAL PAIN
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN WOMENS HEALTH
- UROGYNAECOLOGY AND PELVIC FLOOR
- DEVELOPMENT, HORMONES, BODY IMAGE, GROWTH
- ENDOCRINE DYNAMICS, FERTILITY AND OBSTETRICS
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING
- POST PARTUM RECOVERY
- LIFESPAN ISSUES
- CHANGING UROGENTIAL AND MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- CLINCAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG fertility, endo, prolapse, diastasis, complex pregnancy, post partum, bladder disorders / cystitis, post surgical issues, cancer considerations, pelvic pain, breast care
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS = WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATION POSSIBILITIES
In many cases a manual medicine approach is highly effective in supporting girls and women through these phases and through life’s events.
Certificate in General Women’s Health –
THE MENOPAUSE / THIRD AGE CERTIFICATE FOLLOWS THE SAME FORMAT – ONE YEAR, 3 SEMESTER, 9 MONTHS / MODULES, ZOOM MEETINGS – ALL DISTANCE LEARNING AND ONLINE RESOURCES, TECHNIQUE VIDEOS.
THE CERTIFICATION FOR COMPLEX PELVIC PAIN AND INTERNAL WORK IS ORGANISED SEPARATELY, AND INCLUDES MENTORED SUPPORT, CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS, AND OTHER ELEMENTS AND SO FOLLOWS A DIFFERENT FORMAT – PLEASE SEE THE SEPARATE BROCHURE / LINK.
DIPLOMA – which is a second year, after you have completed the Certificate year.
YOU CAN DO THIS WITH OR WITHOUT PRACTICALS – SO IF YOU CAN’T TRAVEL, TAKE THE DISTANCE LEARNING VERSION. The Bristol Women’s Health Diploma version is the version that includes practicals.
ONE YEAR, 3 SEMESTERS, 9 MONTHS / MODULES, ZOOM MEETINGS – online only – the Clinal Integration in Women’s Health Award – not currently enrolling – but contact me if you are interested.
HYBRID FORMAT – as above, and including practical and clinic obs days
The Diploma’s offered by the CNMO are advanced level programmes, but suitable for those who are just starting on their journey towards caring for women, and for those who already have some experience.
The Collegiate programmes are for experience practitioners who want to delve deeper and contribute more fully to their patients and to the profession.
The Collegiate programmes include a Certificate in Research and Evidence – where you get supported to research the evidence base of a topic of your choosing.
Encompassing women’s health into osteopathic practice integrates a wide variety of content and understanding.
THIS PICTOGRAMME REPRESENTS THE CONTENT OF THE DIPLOMA AND THE CERTIFICATE (EACH VERSION GOES INTO THINGS AT A DIFFERENT DEPTH / COMPLEXITY)
A two year journey with women’s health – with an exit at year one with a Certificate, or year two with a Diploma.
Payment for the FEB ENROLMENT FOR THE DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION OF THE INTEGRATED WH Diploma version (without live practicals or clinical observations, but with 5 days of live streamed technique anatomy tutorials included) £1000.