Paediatrics – Certificate Available Now
ENROLMENTS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE BRISTOL CERTIFICATE IN PAEDIATRICS – THEORY WITH CLINICAL / PRACTICAL SESSIONS!
Certificate – CLINICAL VERSION OR ONLINE-ONLY OPTION IF REQUIRED.
Read here, and more info on the Main Paediatrics Certificate page – click here
This is a wide ranging and highly detailed programme covering a range of the most common paediatric conditions presenting to osteopaths and comparable manual therapists, as well as covering pathology, risk factors, communication, red flags, developmental dynamics and much more.
The developmental, learning and growth challenges for children can be considerable and whilst many infants, toddlers and older children sail wonderfully through their early years, for many, it can be a distressing, awkward or traumatising period. No one wishes to see children suffer unnecessarily, and many issues arise through poor coordination, weaker muscles, poor posture, illness and injury. A gentle hands on approach can be key to helping children navigate childhood with the fewest negative effects possible!
This is very extensive, evidence backed programme, which aims to take you from where you are to a deeper level. Helping to rationalise your clinical approaches, to explore the neuroscience, physiology, anatomical dynamics and function of paediatrics, development, growth and social engagement are key components of this course. You don’t need to know any ‘cranial’ / involuntary mechanism work to engage with paediatrics – although if you do there is still plenty in this course which will inform your personal technique style. But, the course is designed to develop clinical protocols from first principles – and then to determine how children can be helped. All elements of common presentations across paediatrics from infants to adolescents, and this programme covers core elements of this things you will need to explore this field of care in more depth and with greater clarity.
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- AUTONOMICS, NEUROENDOCRINE, HPA, IMMMUNE AND SOMATOVISCERAL INTEGRATION
- MICROBIOME AND IMMUNE CONSIDERATIONS IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- INTRA-UTERINE ISSUES
- BIRTH, BONDING, BREASTFEEDING, ORAL FUNCTION, DIGESTION AND BREATHING, unsettledness and general health
- DEVELOPMENT OF POSTURE, MOVEMENT, COORDINATION AND BALANCE, REFLEXES
- CHANGING ANATOMY OF THE HEAD, BODY AND TORSO, STOMATOGNATHIC INTEGRATION
- CHANGING SHAPE AND TORSION IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FACTORS AND INTRAOSSEOUS STRAIN
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT
KEY SKILLS AND PRACTICE APPROACHES COVERED:
- CLINICAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW = CONSIDERING ALL THE FACTORS WITHIN THE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM AND TAKING THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
- MANAGEMENT OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS EG feeding and latch dynamics, plagio and movement disorders, unsettledness, coordination, EENT function, bladder and bowel dynamics, orthopaedic, neurodiversity and body image dynamics. NB, these are all introduced at Certificate level, but are now reviewed much more critically.
- CLINICAL PROTOCOLS – WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE NOT
- OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
- UNDERSTANDING ORTHODOX MANAGEMENT AND INTERDISCIPLINARY ISSUES, imaging, diagnostic criteria, screening
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS
THIS PICTOGRAMME REPRESENTS THE CONTENT OF THE DIPLOMA AND THE CERTIFICATE (EACH VERSION GOES INTO THINGS AT A DIFFERENT DEPTH / COMPLEXITY)
Discount price of £1250 till 31 May 2022, for the Full Certificate, including clinics and practicals. Then, £1500 to end of June, when enrolment ends.
Online-only option £900 (no discount)