POST GRADUATE PROGRAMME in Osteopathic Concepts, Philosophy and Principles in the 21st Century
DIPLOMA IN OSTEOPATHIC CONCEPTS (or, Certificate, if you take the online webinars only)
ENROLMENTS OPEN NOW – there is in fact a student / undergrad option now available – to use as a resource whilst you train! See student brochure below, and use this link to access the dedicated payment page.
DISCOUNT ENDS 30 SEPTEMBER
COURSE STARTING NOW, BUT YOU CAN ENROL UP TO THE END OF OCTOBER, AND VIEW RECORDINGS OF ANY SESSIONS MISSED. This course has a slightly different format to the other Certificates / Diplomas the CNMO offers. For 2021-2022 you can listen to the programme in real time through live broadcast webinars, which are then recorded. There is a monthly tutorial meeting, and there are practical sessions included.
PRACTICAL SESSIONS FOR THE PROGRAMME ARE IN 2022.
ALL THE COSTS AND THE DATES AND OTHER DETAILS / MORE CONTENT DESCRIPTORS ARE IN THE BROCKURE, PLEASE READ / DOWNLOAD.
CNMO CAROLINE STONE POST GRADUATE OSTEOPATHIC CONCEPTS COURSE
CNMO OSTEOPATHIC CONCEPTS CERTIFICATE FOR UNDERGRADS!
This is an amazing Post Graduation programme – this Certificate in Osteopathic Constructs is a wide ranging examination of original osteopathic ideas and observations, and then exploring them through the lens of current science, and the healthcare role-paradigm that osteopaths have found themselves bound by (in certain countries). Bringing original osteopathic thought to the fore front of debate is not fashionable these days, but, if osteopathy is to continue to provide a unique perspective to health, function and self, then these concepts MUST be allowed to be explored, before being thrown out as unevidenced – to dismiss them because the science is lacking is to admin that no one is looking at the concepts in order to research them. No evidence is not the same as saying the evidence refutes these concepts.
This is a 10 weekend (Sunday – Monday) programme which 5 practical days (5 lots of 3 day practical intensives) which allows you to really get into the osteopathic dynamics. Note: international students speaking English can still take this programme without the practical lectures, or you can come to the UK for those lectures!
The practical sessions are intensives – and each of the 5 blocks are open to students on other CNMO programmes, so you will get some cross fertilisation of ideas and experiences also!
It focuses on A.T.Still and J.M.Littlejohn, and a whole range of somatophysiological concepts to bring into focus current biological, neuroscience, psychological, social and interpersonal research to understand disorders, people’s experiences of them, and how much and in what way hands on care (through the lens of osteopathic applied principles) can contribute to improved agency, function and sense of self, as well as perhaps a diminution of pathological involvement.
This course is a dual language course, and is translated into Russian as part of the programme, but, come and learn with the CNMO and interact internationally with a range of colleagues who are as fascinated by and interested to analyse osteopathy as you are.
Lets get back into the contribution that osteopathic philosophy could make and halt a slide towards a confined allied health musculoskeletal practice which was not the way osteopathic practice was originally envisaged.
All the lectures are recorded, and you can access them many times through the Moodle online platform. Forums and tutorials are also included, and for English based students the cost of the UK practicals is included in your course fee.
- ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND PATHOLOGY FROM AN OSTEOPATHIC PERSPECTIVE
- RE-DISCOVERING OSTEOPATHIC CONTRUCTS
- EXPLORING CURRENCY OF IDEAS, SCIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING
- WHAT DID THE PIONEERS OBSERVE THAT WAS SO FUNDAMENTAL, AND HOW IS IT PLACED IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- BEING A 3 DIMENSIONAL PRACTITIONER AND CONSTRUCTING ‘TECHNIQUE / TREATMENT’ FROM FIRST PRINCIPLES
- WHERE IS THE PATIENT AND WHAT ABOUT THEIR HEALTH – WHAT DOES OSTEOPATHY CONTRIBUTE?
- WHAT DOES INDIVIDUALISM MEAN?
- HOW DO YOU DO PHYSIOLOGICAL HANDS ON WORK?
- THE EVIDENCE DEBATE AND POLITICS IN OSTEOPATHY – THE ROLE OF ACADEMICS AND INSTITUTIONS IN MEDICALISING OSTEOPATHIC PRACTICE
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A HEALTHCARE ROLE WITH THE TITLE ‘OSTEOPATH’ AND PRACTISING OSTEOPATHICALLY.
- LEARNING HOW YOU CAN INTERACT WITH THE PATIENT’S BIOLOGY TO SUPPORT THEIR HEALTH AND THEIR SENSE OF SELF AND THEIR AGENCY
- UNDERSTNADING EMBOIDED DYNAMICS AND THE INSEPARABLE PERSON AND THEIR BODY AND THEIR ENVIRONMENT.
- PRACTICAL TECHNIQUE INTENSIVE CLASSES
- TUTORIAL SUPPORT
- EXTENSIVE EVIDENCE REVIEW AND CASE ANALYSIS
- HELPING YOU WORKSHOP COMPLEX PRESENSTATIONS
- DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL CLINCAL PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CARE
- ONLINE PLATFORM AND TUTORIAL SUPPORT (PLUS ABOVE PRACTICAL SESSIONS)
Pay now for the webinars version of the Certificate – discount price of £800 (till 30 September). This is the post grad, not the student discount)
Please contact us for all other payment enquiries / combos (email@example.com)